"And the things which shall be written out of the book shall be of great worth unto the children of men..." (2). "Wo unto them that turn aside the just for a thing of naught and revile against that which is good and say that it is of no worth..." (16). "... because of pride, and wickedness, and abominations, and whoredoms, they have all gone astray save it be a few who are the humble followers of Christ; nevertheless they are led, that in many instances they do err because they are taught by the precepts of men" (14). "...For the day shall come that the Lord God will speedily visit the inhabitants of the earth; and in that day that they are fully ripe in iniquity they shall perish. But behold, if the inhabitants of the earth shall repent of their wickedness and abominations they shall not be destroyed, saith the Lord of Hosts" (16-17). "Yea, wo be unto him that hearkeneth unto the precepts of men, and denieth the power of God, and the gift of the Holy Ghost" (26). "Wo be unto him that shall say; We have received the word of God, and we need no more of the word of God, for we have enough! For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have" (29-30). I love the scriptures and particularly the Book of Mormon, but I know
in many instances I do err. It is always tough when Christmas is over and my husband returns to work. This year my daughter moved out right after Christmas. I applied for another job and got yet another rejection notice. It would have been fun to be around others. Yet I know I am so blessed and I need to put Satan behind me and overcome any challenges I face. This one is minor compared to others and what others experience. I just need to pick myself up and move forward. I am grateful for the scriptures and the guidance and hope they give. I am also grateful for the Holy Ghost and the peacefulness I feel when I listen. I know that God gives us weaknesses so we will rely on him and in many instances I have learned that we are taught
here a little and there a little. Most generally answers do not come all at once but a direction is set and a course can be followed.
No comments:
Post a Comment