Saturday, December 4, 2010

2 Nephi 9

These are my favorite verses from 2 Nephi 9. Jacob is still teaching his people. "For I know that ye have searched much, many of you, to know of things to come' wherefore I know that ye know that our flesh must waste away and die; nevertheless, in our bodies we shall see God" (vs. 4). "For as death hat passed upon all men to fulfil the merciful plan of the great Creator, there must needs be a power of resurrection and the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the fall; and the fall came by reason of transgression; and because man became fallen they were cut off from the presence of the Lord" (vs. 6). "And because of the way of deliverance of our God; the Holy One of Israel, this death, of which I have spoken, which is the temporal, shall deliver up its dead; which death is the grave" (vs. 11). "O the greatness of the mercy of our God, the Holy One of Israel! For he delivereth his saints from that awful monster the devil, and death, and hell, and that lake of fire and brimstone, which is endless torment" (vs. 19). "For the atonement satisfieth the demands of his justice upon all those who have not the law given to them, that they are delivered from that awful monster, death and hell, and the devil, and the lake of fire and brimstone, which is endless torment; and they are restored to that God who gave them breath, which is the Holy One of Israel" (vs. 26). "O, my beloved brethren, give ear to my words. Remember the greatness of the Holy One of Israel. Do not say that I have spoken hard things against you; for if ye do, ye will revile against the truth; for I have spoken the words of your Maker. I know that the words of truth are hard against uncleanness; but the righteous fear them not, for they love the truth and are not shaken" (vs. 40). I also like verse 20, "O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it."

No comments:

Post a Comment