After Nephi describes Lehi's visions and the Lord's direction to leave Jerusalem. Nephi introduces his family and each of their dispositions. I would like to introduce my family but I will do that in a comment later today. What I would like to focus on is conversions. Nephi cried unto the Lord for his confirmation to all that his father was requiring of him and his family and his heart was softened. Sam believed on Nephi's words. These are two different types of conversions, neither any less significant than the other. Nephi received an answer through the Holy Spirit and then he believed. Sam also was most likely touched by the spirit as Nephi related his experience to him. I clearly remember when I first felt the spirit. I believe I was just 3 years old. I never talked to anyone about it, but it is still so clear I can feel it. I was in Primary singing "I am a Child of God" and I felt such a warmth wrap around me and a deep feeling of love that sent such a feeling of peace and reassurance all through me. I knew undoubtedly that I was of great worth to my Father in Heaven. My next experience similar, but different was when I received the gift of the Holy Ghost when I was 8. When I was 10 I prayed earnestly to not be frightened by a very frightening dog. I felt that I was being watched over but my fear was not relieved. It was then I realized God loves me and helps me during tough times, but does not always remove the uncomfortable situation. I cherish these experiences and many others, but these were my first and they have only multiplied a hundred times from then to now. I'll post more later, got to go.
I think what stuck out to me was the same verses as Mom, but I got something different from it.
ReplyDeletevs 16: "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, ...having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers."
I like that it says the spirit softens his heart. I guess I'm realizing something new about Nephi. He is trying to follow Christ and the prophet (his father), but that doesn't mean it's always easy for him. He needs to have the Lord's help in trying times or with difficult things to understand. I do to!
I sent Ryan to Japan this morning. I think he might feel like Lehi's family...off to the unknown. Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers the next 3 weeks!
First I want to post about Jeremiah 1. The Lord called Jeremiah to be a prophet and Jeremiah said, "Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak for I am a child." How many different things can we say that about? I am unlearned or inexperienced. The Lord did not leave Jeremiah alone to face his challenges but said, "Be not afraid...for I am with thee to deliver thee." He did insist that Jeremiah speak what he was commanded to speak. Fears can really get in the way of achievement.
ReplyDeleteMy family’s introduction; I will begin with my husband, Aaron. As you know he has always provided more that sufficiently for his family. At times this has been because he was making more money, but even when he wasn't, none of us went without. He is a hard worker and loves to help out as much as he can. He hardly ever rests, his stamina amazes me. His faith is unwavering and he loves to be appreciated. As a child Jeremy loved to be the center of attention. He had energy and enthusiasm to spare. As an adult he is an excellent guiding parent and loving husband. He works constantly to provide for his family and to advance his career. He has a few really good friends and is a devoted friend. His music abilities have always been a blessing. Janell completed her education and excelled scholastically. She is now in her dream job. She is beautiful and full of life. There is never a dull moment when she is around. She is kind and devoted and a fantastic homemaker and mother. Adam has developed so many skills that will bless his whole life. He is intelligent, always striving to do his best. He is never unkind and very patient with others. Heather will be a great addition to our family. She swept right into the hearts of all our family I observed her interacting with. She is polished, beautiful and has a rich and full life. She and Adam are both strong individuals with high ideals and watching them as they grow together as a couple will be so rewarding. Crystal wants to do the very best she can as a parent and wife. She reads all the best books she can find about parenting and puts into practice what she knows will benefit her children. She is devoted, energetic, and loves people. Ryan knows how important it is to put family first. He loves being with his family and doing fun activities together. He is intelligent and witty (pun intended). I am glad Crystal found someone who can keep up with her on a hiking trail, and as a parent. Amber is beautiful, engaging, and fun. It brings me peace to be around her. She is intelligent and forthright. She is kind and caring. She likes to see improvements. Harrison seemed more relaxed when we visited with him. Conversation was easy and enjoyable. He graciously showed me pictures of his family. He was very respectful. He and Amber enjoy long bike rides together and seeing the sights in CA. I see Isaac not just as a hard worker, but a dedicated loving husband and father. There is not anything he would not do for his family, providing he has the ability to do it. He wears so many hats and his first devotion and love is to his wife. Katie has a great tenderness towards her children. She knows when they want to be held close and when she gazes into their eyes there is deep warmth. She loves to serve others with her culinary arts and appreciates others to enjoy her talent. She and Isaac work great together as a team to care for the needs of the children and the household tasks. It is fun to watch the orchestration of it all. Angela has a laugh that dances through the air and her expression of joy is irresistible. She is organized and determined. This semester has shaken her up a bit but because of past performance and her perseverance even this challenge will not get the best of her. She is intelligent, forthright, and sensitive. She is a devoted, kind friend. I'll mention our beautiful grandchildren another day.
ReplyDeleteAmber is beautiful, engaging, and fun. It brings me peace to be around her. She is intelligent and forthright. She is kind and caring. She likes to see improvements using original and creative ideas. She is creative in many ways. Harrison seemed more relaxed when we visited with him. Conversation was easy and enjoyable. He graciously showed me pictures of his family. He was very respectful. He and Amber enjoy long bike rides together and seeing the sights in CA. I see Isaac not just as a hard worker, but a dedicated loving husband and father. There is not anything he would not do for his family, providing he has the ability to do it. He wears so many hats and his first devotion and love is to his wife. Katie has a great tenderness towards her children. She knows when they want to be held close and when she gazes into their eyes there is deep warmth. She loves to serve others with her culinary arts and appreciates others to enjoy her talent. She and Isaac work great together as a team to care for the needs of the children and the household tasks. It is fun to watch the orchestration of it all. Angela has a laugh that dances through the air and her expression of joy is irresistible. She is organized and determined. This semester has shaken her up a bit but because of past performance and her perseverance even this challenge will not get the best of her. She is intelligent, forthright, and sensitive. She is a devoted, kind friend. I'll mention our beautiful grandchildren another day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful tribute to you family. Thanks Mom!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mom. That was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHa ha, Isaac wears so many hats. :)
ReplyDelete