
This chapter is Jeremiah's letter to the people who had been carried away captive after Jerusalem had been destroyed. What great love the Lord has for his children to give them guidance even after they have reaped the consequences of their actions. God will always provide ways to teach and nurture his children.
Lehi is prophesying of the day when Jerusalem would be carried away captive into Babylon and then he prophesies of their return and when the Messiah would come. He speaks of John the Baptist preparing the way for him; also of Jesus Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. My favorite part is verse 17 where Nephi states that he is desirous to "see, and hear, and know of these things [Lehi's vision], by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is the gift of God unto all those who diligently seek him, as well in times of old as in the time that he should manifest himself unto the children of men." It is nice to feel the convincing power of the Holy Ghost and know for ourselves what God intends for us and what he wants to teach us.

I love Nephi's description of the Savior. Reading it is learning about him again for the first time.
ReplyDeleteCrystal, Thanks for sharing your love of the Savior.
ReplyDeleteSo, I started reading chapter 11 and couldn't help but go back to chapter 10, so I'll share the additional thought that I have from this chapter.
ReplyDeleteIn vs 17 as Mom stated Nephi is desirous to see what his father has seen. The vs that really stuck out to me is verse 19: "For he that seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them..." The Lord will give us answers to prayers, which is how I usually read this verse, but what it says is that we can know the mysteries of God. How amazing.