
vs 14 Here we see the overlap of Lehi and Jeremiah when Nepi pleads with his brethren not to return to Jerusalem, "For behold the Spirit of the Lord ceaseth soon to strive with them [the people in Jerusalem]; for behold, they have rejected the prophets, and Jeremiah have they cast into prison. And they have sought to take away the life of my father, insomuch that they have driven him out of the land."
Jeremiah tells the people in Jerusalem, "We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us; for we have sinned against the Lord our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God" (Jer. 3:25) and Nephi tells Laman and Lemuel, "How is it that ye have not hearkened unto the word of the Lord? Laman and Lemuel had other witnesses, "How is it that ye have forgotten that ye have seen an angel of the Lord? Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten what great things the Lord hath done for us, in delivering us..." (vs. 10, 11). I feel so short sighted at times. There are so many times and so many ways the Lord has delivered me. I will mention just one. I saw the Lord's had directing me to find cures and relief for my fibromyalga symptoms, part of that solution was our move to Palmyra and meeting my nutritionist in church.
I was very frustrated about the direction of much of our political leadership, last night, and feel great struggling inside myself for our God given rights. Agency is foremost in God's laws. I don't want anyone taking that right away, but what Dad said is, "the Lord is mindful and watchful, this is in his hands. Yet as I said earlier, I tend to forget what the Lord has done for me in watching over me. In a church talk yesterday the speaker said he tells his friends he is allergic to pain and suffering, that is why he is a member of the church. That may seem silly to some, but even when trials do occur the Lord is always there to comfort when we let him. Some trials we bring on ourselves and some are brought on by others. The ones we bring on ourselves can be overcome, the ones brought on by others may bring a sense of helplessness. In all these challenges God can be our greatest source of strength.

The first part of Nephi chapter 7 talks about Lehi's command to go and get Ismael and his family. This part really hit home for me. If they did not bring this family then Nephi and his brother's would not have wives or children.
ReplyDeleteTonight our family night lesson was on families. I tried to explain to Cassia how Heavenly Father wants us to be in families and this is his way for us to be happy. I truly believe that. Being married and having children has brought me more joy than I can even describe. I also find so much joy when I am with my family I grew up with. I know families are the Lord's way and I'm so grateful for mine.
Jeremy and Parker were with us for the weekend. It was awesome. I love those guys!
Wow Crystal, You caught up very quickly. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had read my chapter, but didn't get around to posting. I thought you would still be catching up and we've we had an emergency.
ReplyDelete