
The last time I read Lehi's blessing to Joseph I discovered that his seed would not all be destroyed (vs. 3). This meant a great deal to me because I thought all the Nephites were destroyed. I like the terminology about the writings of Judah and the writings of Joseph growing together (vs. 12). I have seen this happen quite often as I have been studying the Old Testament and the Book of Mormon.
In the book of Daniel Darius is appointed king. He appointed one hundred and twenty princes and three presidents and Daniel was preferred over the presidents and the princes, "because an excellent spirit was in him" (vs. 3). The presidents and princes were jealous of Daniel and sought to find something against him. They could not find anything. So they sought to find something against him in the way he worshiped his God. They knew that he prayed to his God so they got the king to sign a royal decree stating that the people could only petition King Darius for 30 days, or be thrown in the lion's den. We all know the ending of this story. Darius fasted for Daniel and asked him to petition his God because he knew He could deliver him. The life that Daniel lived caused Darius to believe in Daniel's God.

The scriptures are very relevant to our time. If we pray in school or other public events, we are still "thrown in the lion's den". Those who "pretend" to be offended by public expressions of worship are simply follows of him who is really offended by worship. See 2 Nephi 32:8 "for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray"
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments and for all your support and kindness. You have blessed my life significantly. I am grateful for your insight and reflect back to our earliest days of marriage when we could talk all through the night of spiritual matters and watch the sunrise. We were surprised that the morning came so suddenly.
ReplyDelete